Once our mules graduate from training, they are then ready to move on to their forever homes. If you are interested in adopting, click here to see adoptable mules, and then review our adoption policy and complete our adoption form.
Lost Meadows will have many mules available for adoption throughout the United States. In order for a mule to be considered "adoptable", it must meet certain criteria:
- Mule must be able to wear and lead with a halter
- Mule must be able to stand tied
- Mule must be able to pick up all 4 feet
There are certain rules and guidelines required by Lost Meadows Mule Refuge:
- Only Johns and Mollys are available for adoption
- Mules cannot be adopted to commercial packing outfitters
- Adequate shelter and fencing must be provided (requirement varies by region)
- All LMMR mules are fully vaccinated and have a current Coggins
- All LMMR mules come with guaranteed health - if your mule gets sick in the first 30 days, we will replace it.
To begin the process, simply fill out our Online Adoption Form (please note, you will be directed offsite to complete the form).
Adoption fees range from $500 - $1,700 depending on the mule's size, behavior and expertise.
Once we have received the application, it will be reviewed by our National Adoption Coordinator and forwarded to the Satellite Adoption Center nearest you. If you have any questions regarding our mule adoptions please contact us at email@example.com.